?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Better in black and white

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> LJ Images "Minute-to-Minute"
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Friday, March 28th, 2014
14:25 - Here it is...
As promised:

My Unemployment Story (as posted on arfcom)Collapse )

There's more to add, but not at this time.


God is good, all the time.
Saturday, March 1st, 2014
22:01 - Update Teaser
I decided to write a little "commemorative" post on Facebook, and I found it worthy of reproducing here:

"Two years ago on this date was my last day in the active-duty USAF. Since then, I have: grown a thick beard (twice!), completed a Master’s Degree (graduating Cum Laude), become a Rifle Expert Marksman and shooting instructor/Range Safety Officer, served two full semesters in our church’s FAITH program, acquired a full-time job in the oilfield industry, acquired a part-time job delivering pizzas, relied heavily on family and friends for support of all kinds in the interim (and received support FAR BEYOND any reasonable expectations!), been frustrated, humbled, and blessed several dozen times over, tried (and justified) the patience of my wonderful, loving Wife Amy several dozen times over as well, prepared our family for the arrival of a second child, and watched and helped my first-born son Barrett to grow up more in the last two years than I ever could have if I’d had a full-time job during that period.

Am I, therefore, thankful to be out of the USAF? Given the circumstances and environment in which I was forced to leave- absolutely not! I would not wish what happened to me- much less our country!- on anyone. I AM, however, thankful that God has taken me by the hand and led me to discover how to “make lemons into lemonade,” no matter how long, uncertain, and (initially) troubling that road to discovery ended up being."

...and with that, I shall now adjust my final line:

God is good, all the time.
Wednesday, February 12th, 2014
12:09 - In-Out Update
2014 is already one thousand times better than 2013: I have a job!

Start time with my new employer is not till 28 Feb, but on learning of being hired (and the start time) I've since taken a pizza delivery job to "fill in the financial gaps" from now till my first paycheck at my new full-time (and likely very full-time) job.

I will try very hard to make a comprehensive account of the important things that happened between then and now to make this possible. This is a story that I think really should be told.


God is good. That is all.
Sunday, January 5th, 2014
17:14 - Near year, new update
All told, 2013 was pretty awful.

Of course, things could be worse: I'm still healthy, still alive, still married, still have an ever-growing, ever-wonderful (and rambunctious, though in a manageable way) growing son, still have the same friends (mostly) and the same family, still trusting in God.

...still trying to get a job. =\


There's a lot more that could be said, but I don't really know when (if ever) I'll want to get into talking about the full details here.


I have a lot to hope for and a lot to (legitimately) fear this year. That'll have to serve as a sufficient summary for now.


God is good. That is all.
Wednesday, September 11th, 2013
15:28 - Beating the Drum
I do not ever intend to forget, minimize, or shy away from what happened on 11 September 2001...or the tragedies- foreign and domestic- that have happened since.

Thankfully, I'm not the only one


God is good. That is all.
Sunday, July 14th, 2013
15:12 - Zimmerman is Not Guilty
It looks like the justice system managed to come out ahead this time, despite all the lying, railroading, manipulating, race-baiting, and withholding of the truth attempted by the left and its partners in crime. That has to mean something good...unfortunately, in light of the fact that Zimmerman should NEVER have been prosecuted in the first place, it's hard to tell exactly what that "something" is supposed to be.


...but enough of that: if you want boost your situational awareness and get to know how to spot a bunch of angry racists, ignorant fools (about the facts of the case, and likely a wealth of other things), liars, and wanna-be thugs (and actual thugs), look no further than here. The flag-burning was as ignorant and tasteless as it is outright disgusting.


Keep also in mind that we still have yet to see if further, more severe unrest develops, as it did in the Rodney King trial. Lord have mercy on those who harbor such evils in their hearts.


God is good. That is all.
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
14:56 - Well, back...
I've never really been "anywhere else," though: lj doesn't have the draw it used to have on me...in any case, my presence may be diminished, but I am still here and don't ever intend to permanently leave- how stupid it would be for a permanent account holder to do such, anyway!

The short summary of me-centric events, in approximately reverse chronological order, is that the recent tornadoes didn't affect us, I am planning to graduate/get my Master's this summer (but the applicable graduation ceremony- in Ohio- won't be till December), am very actively seeking/picking/choosing an employment and/or career path, and have performed as an IIT (instructor-in-training) for my first Appleseed shoot last month (and am likely doing another one next month).

Amy is doing well, and Barrett turns 3 this September. Oh man has that happened quickly. Mostly in a good way. ;->

Lastly, in honor of the Trayvon Martin cell phone pictures being released, I found some of the stupid crap Jamie Foxx has been wearing (and apparently, encouraging others to wear):






...and added some updated, more accurate, more honest material for the public to see:





I pray regularly for Mr. Zimmerman to be sufficiently compensated for the (so-far) gross miscarriages of justice- both social and legal- perpetrated against him by the court system, the media, and racist special interest groups populated by scumbags.



God is good. That is all.
Tuesday, January 1st, 2013
1:30 - Another Year Down
I don't have a whole lot I want to say right now, but will try to write more in detail at a later time.

I sincerely, wholly and truly, am hoping and praying that 2013 will be better than this year we just endured.

Unfortunately, I don't expect it to be. Much like the above, I hope I'm wrong. As wrong as I could possibly be.

Only one way to find out which it is.

God is good. That is all.
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
5:38 - On The Record
All I'm going to say about November 6th, 2012 is that I hope and pray that of all the elections going on, the winners will end up being: these United States and the American people. I want our country to heal and become stronger again. May God continue to pour His blessings on us.



God is good. That is all.

current mood: hopeful
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012
13:58 - The Cult of Murder and Oppression...and Its Tacit Supporters.
So anyway, now that the routine violence we've come to expect from the "religion of peace" (though not necessarily always against US people and interests) has emerged once again, a little bit of analysis:

Disgrace in Benghazi; no excerpts- read it all.

Every American Should be Ashamed of Their President...okay, excerpt from this one:

“I thought that thing last night with the president saying he had ‘a tough day’ and comparing the dead Americans in Libya to campaign supporters, which he did — I thought was one of the most disgraceful, inept and embarrassing performances by a head of state or government that I have ever seen. Every American should be ashamed of their president.”



Lastly, a blogger attempts to say that people who identify and speak out against the systematic, inseparable, and distinct evils of Islam are basically just being hypocrites...and gets smacked down by most of the commentators because of it. Peter (the blogger in question) usually makes a lot of good, well-thought-out, reasoned points- but on this subject he's completely off-base (and wrong, but I repeat myself). Thankfully, plenty of commentators showed up to tell him this- and were even able to effectively explain why!

A lot of the comments made were regarding history, personal anecdotes, and other experiences that identify the deliberate, repeated (and repeatable) atrocities committed against others in the name of Islam. Some of them were familiar to me, some of them weren't.

The most unique (and disgusting) example of such: Nigerian Muslims crucify a cat "as part of a protest of the anti-Islam film." Have yet to see mainstream media point this one out- not holding my breath, either.




God is good. That is all.

current mood: frustrated
Thursday, August 2nd, 2012
22:14 - Add one to the "not getting it" department
More news from Arfcom:

A libtard goes on a tirade against chik-fil-a employee at drive-thru window (for a free water, no less), boastfully posts the video of it on liveleak, and then PROMPTLY loses his job, in part because AZ is a right to work state. =)

Apparently jobs like his pay $60-$200K per year to start... >;-T

Anyway, favorite comment from the thread:

This would make a great training video on customer service. The cashier does a great job of avoiding getting her or the store she works for entangled into an argument over political beliefs. The corporate hot shot on the other hand drags his company right into the middle of a political debate that the company has no interest in.

Gee, if I had to hire one, who would it be? The young lady that is in or right out of high school with limited experience but common sense and customer skills beyond her age, or the college graduate with years of experience and CFO of a major corporation but lacks self-control and common sense?




I am really interested to see the additional stupidity that is bound to emerge tomorrow.


Edit: an internet troll/stalker, who is well known in many of my lj friends' circles, made a comment here. The comment was screened and he has been banned and is not welcome to comment again under any other persona (which should be obvious but hey, might as well say it upfront).

God is good. That is all.

current mood: thoughtful
Wednesday, August 1st, 2012
22:53 - My Day With CFA
Alright, so here it is: I took the Wife and Barrett out to Chik-Fil-A today as part of the whole "support CFA day" event.

Looks like it's on-track to be something of a Libtard Stimulus, and it's not hard to see why:


Some pics and explanationCollapse )


...but don't just take my word for it, check out the primary ARFCOM thread on it...


Favorite quotes therein (emphasis mine):

Everyone turned out today to say, it is NOT OK to perverse marriage.
In these crazy times, people need family, marriage is the glue which holds a moral society together.
It is not to be trifled with or attacked by biological/mentally ill deviants!
Thank you to everyone who sent this message today!!


I bought for everyone in my office today. I asked the girl at the drive through if she knew why we were all there. She said yes and started crying because she was so proud to be an American.

We are talking about our support for a restaurant owner and his right s to say whatever the hell he wants.

...I don't care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home. I am not for gay marriage but have no problem with civil unions. Frankly, we have more pressing issues to solve and debate than gay marriage.
Those that disagree with the majority of Americans on this issue do their cause harm by immediately engaging in name calling and suggesting that those individuals that do not agree with them are "haters" or "bigots." The vast majority of hate and intolerance emanates from liberal and gay activists. What you are seeing today at Chick-Fil-As across the nation is the majority's response to the liberal hate.


Its not about hate for me. I actually completely disagree with his stance on gay marriage. What I do support is his right to say what he wants to say, its the first amendment. His personal beliefs should have nothing to do with where he can open his business up. Don't like his stance, don't eat there. What I do know is that that company does more good for people do to his personal Christian beliefs than any other company I know. Check out there scholarship program and the way they conduct business. Its a model for operating businesses like they should/use to be operated.

Oh, those tolerant commies...Bomb threat called in to Martinsburg, WV CFA

Here's to the First and Second Amendments

Stood in line for 25 minutes to get lunch.
Then went and stood in line for about an hour for dinner.
Managers said it had been like that since they opened and they called in every employee that could get to work.
Today was a good day. Gave me a great feeling that maybe not all people suck, to see this many people stop what they are doing, park a block away and stand in line for some chicken, good chicken but fast food is just amazing. Everyone was so nice, there was even a couple guys open carrying I was so afraid I would be shot I had mine concealed. It's amazing, such a large group of people, some with guns, how come no one got shot? How come no one got into a fight? How come everyone was so damn nice? Something [weird] is going on [/sarcasm].
A giant [applause] to all those that participated today.



God is good. That is all.
Thursday, July 26th, 2012
15:44 - A Game of Chicken
Lest I let the powers of leftist aggression (and the multitude of evil desires that fuel them) go unopposed by me (by default), I must state my position- as a Christian, as well as a Constitutional student and enemy in the strictest of terms regarding abuse of government authority- on the Chik-Fil-A "thing" as it stands.


So- once again, I will borrow the words of a (keepin'-it-anonymous) man who is far better mentally organized and streamlined than I am...(emphasis mine):

I've been quiet about a lot of this stuff, not because I don't have strong beliefs about it, but because my time and energy are sharply limited. This, though, got my goat.

1. For some background: The Chik-Fil-A Gay Marriage Controversy.

2. Further revelation: Chick-fil-A: if you’re not sure, this is how fascism works. Evidently, the CNN report heavily twisted the truth about what Chik-Fil-A's president said.

To take the second point first: clearly the media folks decided it was okay to attribute things to Mr. Cathy that he did not say. After all, he's one of "those people." And we all know that "those people" are full of "hate" and cannot be tolerated. He couldn't possibly disagree with some folks without hating them, instead standing on principle, like we are supposedly free to do in America. It couldn't possibly be that rather than being "anti-" anything, he is just being "pro-" something, and not even in an overtly political way. What he or the company says in their defense cannot be sincere. No, Mr. Cathy is clearly Torquemada or something. And so is everyone like him and everyone who dares defend him. "They" all are. And so they must be opposed with righteous fury by all means fair and foul.

This much is plain bigotry. But then it went a step further. The city of Boston wrote an official letter telling Chik-Fil-A that, specifically because of the (presumed) beliefs of its president, they need not apply for any business licenses there. Hizzoner Rahm Emanuel has said pretty much the same concerning the city of Chicago. They are not just opposing or criticizing Chik-Fil-A as private individuals; they are using the power of government to deny them the lawful rights they would otherwise have, on the grounds of political or religious opinion. This is more than bigotry. It is oppression.

Now, it is the complaint of those in favor of same-sex marriage, that gay people are being denied their legal rights. What delicious hypocrisy it is when those on that side of the argument behave in exactly the [same] manner they claim their opponents are behaving. However, they, and the cultural Left in general, seem to be unable to feel shame or to play fair, so telling them so probably won't help much.

However, what I can do is to show my support. This weekend I'll be at a convention and my normal routine will be broken. I happen to know there is a Chik-Fil-A just down the road from this convention. So, even though I don't normally eat fast food at all, on Saturday I am going to eat at Chik-Fil-A. What's more, a large number of attendees of this convention (perhaps a majority) are gay. So I'll be sure and carry a bag or cup from Chik-Fil-A into the con space. It's likely no one will say anything to me (too chicken? ha!) but I will be prepared to discuss it. (And besides all that, Chik-Fil-A food is yummy.)

The bottom line? I'm not against gays, I'm against fascism! And I have no qualms at all about sticking a thumb in the eye of a fascist.



Obviously, I can't claim to be going to a convention- but aside from that, each other paragraph might as well have been written by me (if I was gifted enough with words to be able to do so).

To show my support, I went out of my way to go to CFA the very day I heard about these allegations- I believe Friday of last week. I see forum posts on this topic where people say the customer traffic to their sites (across a varied number of states) is just as strong as ever, if not perhaps a bit more-so in a few places. Whether more pro-Christian (or anti-leftist/oppression) persons have been added to their customer base is impossible to tell, but not altogether unlikely. I plan to go again sometime before next weekend. =)


God is good. That is all.

current mood: awake
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012
22:41 - July 4th, 2012
Brief commentary here, but it just needs to be said.


Tonight- not five minutes ago- I watched the "public fireworks display" from my home, because it was just in visual range of my backyard (in between a couple large cottonwood trees belonging to the neighbors, at the right spot in the yard). The show was nice, the weather better than I could've expected, and I really enjoyed myself.


That enjoyment was tempered, however, by a realization in the back of my mind that this Republic and these United States are wholly, truly, and invariably in serious danger unlike ever before- yes, even considering our Civil War.


To understand why, look no further than the Declaration of Independence itself. Read the commentary: much of it does indeed seem like an indictment- and a certainly valid one!- on our current administration.


I am quite sorry to be forced to acknowledge this fact; I would much rather that we not have to be concerned about our freedoms and liberties sitting at the brink of obliteration- but that is indeed the case. In the months and years to come, those freedoms may well be completely "regulated from existence" by those who abuse or overstep their authority, as the case has already been for many years now. Millions in this country are likely to suffer and die as a result- and that's even in addition to over a million lives being "legally" murdered via abortion (by itself!) each year already.


I do still maintain hope that this unfortunate trend can be reversed and our liberties restored- but the longer we "wait" (for lack of a better word), the more painful that restoration will be. The plain fact of the matter is that by this point, it will be an extremely lengthy and terrible process in the making even if it began tonight and no significant obstacles stood in the way (ha!) of such a restoration.


...but I do have hope in there being a chance to save the liberties of the America our forefathers intended for us to have- and faith in a much higher power, should that hope ultimately prove fruitless. Can you say the same?



God is good. That is all.

current mood: anxious
Thursday, June 28th, 2012
16:28 - Follow-up's Follow-up
Just two bits:

One, on the Obamacare ruling, from a commentator elsewhere:

Here's the problem primarily with the ruling.

The government was saying, over and over, that this is not a tax.

The Supreme Court disagreed, and said it was, and were okay with it being a tax.

Problem: bills which increase taxation must originate in the HOUSE. This bill originated in the SENATE.

No matter how you look at it, this bill is unconstitutional.



Two, on the Fast and Furious issue:

House votes to hold AG Holder in contempt of Congress

A total of 239 Republicans voted in favor of the resolution with 17 Democrats joining them. The final tally was 255 in favor and 67 against. Two Republicans voted nay and one Democrat voted present. More than one hundred Democrats walked off the floor in protest are scumbags.

God is good. That is all.

current mood: thoughtful
13:07 - Follow-up
Ron Paul issued a statement on the latest shredding of the Constitution (emphasis mine):


"I strongly disagree with today’s decision by the Supreme Court, but I am not surprised. The Court has a dismal record when it comes to protecting liberty against unconstitutional excesses by Congress.


"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute.

"Those of us in Congress who believe in individual liberty must work tirelessly to repeal this national health care law and reduce federal involvement in healthcare generally. Obamacare can only increase third party interference in the doctor-patient relationship, increase costs, and reduce the quality of care. Only free market medicine can restore the critical independence of doctors, reduce costs through real competition and price sensitivity, and eliminate enormous paperwork burdens. Americans will opt out of Obamacare with or without Congress, but we can seize the opportunity today by crafting the legal framework to allow them to do so."





God is good. That is all.

current mood: hopeful
12:23 - American Oppression; Two Flavors!
Well,

A pack of liberal activists (and that traitor Roberts) decided that Obamacare was/is Constitutional. They are either idiots, or liars. Well, no- I suppose they could be both.

An article I found puts forward a lengthy, compelling commentary discussing what really is at risk:

Obamacare Ruling Means Americans Hostage to 70 Years of Supreme Court Madness


Brief commentary:

Let me get this straight.

We're going to be "gifted"
with a health care plan we are forced to purchase
and fined if we don't, written by a committee whose
chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by
a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves
from it, to be signed by a president who also smokes, with funding
administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general
who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?



In other news, Christians really are being persecuted in this country...but apparently if it's coming from "the Peaceful Followers of the Peaceful Religion O' Peace" in their little enclave then the police there don't get involved.


On a marginally-related note: Abortion: the leading cause of death in America. 2012 is gearing up to be just as bad.


God is good. That is all.

current mood: aggravated
Tuesday, June 26th, 2012
15:16 - Oh, The Idiots (Who Think They Are) in Charge*
Alternate title: Oh, The Idiots (We Have Irresponsibly Allowed To Think They Are) In Charge

Item one: I absolutely HATE the TSA.

TSA Agent Opens Grandfather’s Cremated Remains, Spills Them, Laughs at Grandson

No further comment necessary in this venue.


Item two: I have near-zero confidence in the public education system to do anything effectively anymore.

I am not alone: Americans Lose Faith in Public Schools

Brief excerpt from the article: The solution...is a decentralized system that puts more power into the hands of parents and teachers.

YES, this. No more "zero tolerance" BS that allows administrators to claim "helplessness" when a boy gets suspended because of his haircut (and don't even get me started on the "anti-violence-based" suspensions that have also occurred over the years...). No more blind adherence to the concept of teaching to the bare minimum just to get students to pass a standardized test. No more social experimentation, political browbeating (it's nothing new, though), and guilt-tripping as a form of history revisionism.


Item Three: You are more susceptible to cognitive bias if you are "smart" (great examples/comparisons inside). This explains SO MUCH to me, in terms of when I witness the monumentally stupid (and completely-obvious-to-everyone-but-the-speaker) things people say and believe- whether on FB, or even here on LJ...or anywhere on the Internet or in public, really.

Oh, and hey: I know I can be guilty of it, too- sometimes. =\


Item Four: Generally unrelated to any of the above, the story of a man who shot- and killed- another man in self-defense. No additional comment from me.


Item Five: Three links included here because it's basically a triple-whammy...

Ted Turner believes the world population should be reduced by 5 billion, the Brits are basically committing institutionalized murder of the elderly, and "ethical" medical professionals claim that not only is killing a baby AFTER it's born the same as killing it BEFORE it's born, they want both to be 100% legal.
DISGUSTING, vile people all around.


Item Six: A positive story that also kinda serves as a "strike back" against the Nanny State- girl becomes homeless, gets supported by her local community (ie, NOT the government), works AND completes high school, AND gets a full-ride acceptance into Harvard. Key detail therein: the people "personally" taking care of her living space, school/work arrangement, etc did not want her to be in the care the Department of Social Services. Gee, who could imagine why?

Bottom line- she was successful not only because of her exemplary drive and commitment to hard work, but also because of her local community providing support. How many youths in America could ever dare to claim the same in this day and age?


God is good. That is all.

current mood: thoughtful
Thursday, June 7th, 2012
10:13 - Follow-up to Last
Yeah, I got another one:

Woman Slaps Tom Barrett after concession speech

That, my friends, is what I like to call "icing on the cake." The disgraceful, visceral immaturity that emerges among these people once their arrogant, self-righteous beliefs get shattered is very, very telling. It's no secret- if there ever had been- as to the type of people who tend to congregate on the liberal side of matters political and social.

There may be more examples of post-election stress trauma in the coming days, but I guess we'll have to see.



God is good. That is all.
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012
11:57 - PO-LITICAL
Well, the results are in on the Walker recall- 53% to 45%...guess the SEIU/Communist thugs and other mental midgets didn't tell enough lies to make their cause look appealing to enough people.

I'll put down a comment I saw on FB regarding the topic, and let it stand on its own (emphasis mine):

As a Wisconsinite who voted for Walker, I'm sick of hearing the losing side say he only won because he was supported by big money! It's insulting. Do you think you're so much smarter than the majority of our state who agreed with Governor Walker and with what he had the guts to do? You think the majority of us can be bought or tricked by fancy advertising? You really think we're that dumb? We got tired of the Democrats whining (and leaving the state when they couldn't get their way) just because they didn't agree with his actions. We got tired of public employee unions thinking that 1K is too much to contribute toward their deductibles. We got tired of people being FORCED to join unions if they wanted to have a job as a public employee. We got tired of expecting our children and grandchildren to pay for public employee pensions that make our own pensions (if we're even lucky enough to have them) look paltry. We're tired of being in debt. We're tired of the mailings giving out information to our neighbors on who voted and who didn't. We're tired of Democrats who say "We survived Bush, you'll survive Obama," but aren't willing to "survive" Walker. Grow up and stop blaming the win on the fact that Walker had more money for advertising. Face the facts; the people have spoken.

God is good. That is all.
> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com